Re: icon naming spec and gnome-vfs

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 20:03 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> There is now a media-flash icon in CVS in the scalable size. There will
> be versions for the other sizes also, very soon. And media-flash is now
> in the Naming Spec. I've also renamed drive-cdrom and media-cdrom to
> drive-optical and media-optical instead, to remove the confusion about
> having dvd/etc... stuff point at that.
>
> I had already told you I agreed that the flash icon symlinks were
> pointing to the wrong icon, and that I would fix it. Now it is.

Thanks for looking into this - this looks sufficient in my eyes for
GNOME 2.16 though some of the optical disc icons aren't there anymore
and there is only one flash icon. I suppose we can live with this minor
regression, I certainly don't have energy to fight about it :-).
Besides, vendors can and will still override this for gnome-vfs in their
own vendor provided themes.

What mailing list is the best to discuss the icon-naming-spec to get the
rest of my proposed changes in?

    David