Re: GNOME Power Manager

On 21/04/06, Bryan Clark <bclark redhat com> wrote:
> It's always hard to be everything to everyone.  Just like other
> applications that have been replaced we probably need a solution for
> that transition.  What are your ideas on how to handle all the current
> battery applet users?

Surely gnome-volume-manager and half of the new gnome-vfs stuff
wouldn't also work in this situation?

There's no reason HAL couldn't support the BSD power interface (not
that much work), and I think someone was working on this a while back.
And also there's the question of how many cutting edge GNOME 2.15
installs are going to be done on really old 2.4.x machines...

Richard.