Re: GNOME Power Manager

Rodney Dawes wrote:

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 16:03 -0400, Bryan Clark wrote:
Richard Hughes wrote:

24th April is the end of new modules proposal period.

Are there any unaddressed concerns or questions regarding
gnome-power-manager that people want to ask?

FWIW I think this project is awesome and should be 'blessed' into GNOME, it's made a large improvement to power issues the desktop has had for a while now. I'd recommend dropping the batstat applet in favor of this, while batstat is great we really only need one battery 'applet thing' in GNOME.

What do I use for my machines where I must run a Linux 2.4 kernel
then? :) Or what about BSD or other systems? I am fine with including
GPM, but we can't just let all of our current users hanging without a
functioning battery applet.

It's always hard to be everything to everyone. Just like other applications that have been replaced we probably need a solution for that transition. What are your ideas on how to handle all the current battery applet users?

~ Bryan