Re: Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]

> My personal opinion is that we should try to prevent having too many
> blessed languages to prevent maintainence problems (*cough* sawfish
> *cough*) but that we need to balance that with the number of apps,
> their coolness, and the size of the Gnome community behind them (i.e.
> likelihood of finding a new maintainer).  Not all may agree with those
> criteria though...

IMHO: If there is a set of well-maintained and mature bindings for a
particular language that is needed for a particular cool app that
should be in the desktop, then I don't see any problem with including
that set of bindings in the desktop. Lets focus on making users life
good (cool apps) instead of focusing on making devs life good (less
bindings to maintain). Conversively, if there is a set of
unmaintained, buggy and underused bindings for a particular language
in teh desktop, then I don't see any problem with removing that set of
bindings from the desktop. Flexibility rules (and Lisp too!).

--
mvh Björn