Re: Re:Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Re:Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:17:17 -0500
On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 23:00 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> The desktop already depends on the bindings since we have some python
> love in the desktop :-) The question is, do we accept all languages in
> the desktop, or just a small selection of what's available in the
> bindings (and which selection?).
Accepting Ada bindings because there is a fantastic stock ticker written
in Ada is probably not a good reason to do it.
Accepting Mono because there is a fantastic search infrastructure and a
fantastic photo management app written in Mono *is* a good reason to
I mean, nobody can live without solitaire card games, and so we pull in
Guile [if not the GTK+ bindings [are they still alive?]].
] [Thread Prev