Re: gnome-control-center has been branched for 2.14

On 4/12/06, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> wrote:
> g-c-c has been branched, so there's now a gnome-2-14 branch for further
> 2.14 fixes.
>
> No specific plans for HEAD/2.15 yet, apart from, right now, committing
> some patches in bugzilla that were waiting for the branch.
> Suggestions/ideas on what should be fixed/improved are appreciated

Well, if you're going to put it like that... ;-)  How about nuking
some unneeded preference capplets cluttering the menus -- Windows,
CDDB, Menus & Toolbars, and Multimedia System Selector.  See also
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-July/msg00155.html,
where Alex originally suggested this.

These seem like things that belong in an external package like
gTweakUI.  Or, maybe not external, but in a separate release set like
'power tools' (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2005-December/msg00067.html).
 That way, most distros could avoid installing them by default yet
still make them relatively easy to find for the specialized market
that wants it.

Anyway, that just my random suggestion.  :)

Thanks for all your hard work,
Elijah