Re: cdda://, ftp://, news:// URIs and the default handler

Perhaps it is time to get a cross-desktop url-handler implementation
specified on freedesktop.org and implemented so we can use that instead.
We would want Konqueror, Firefox, Gaim, and whatever else to all open
the same handler for a given URI, for example. Though, personally I
would prefer that it passed off the url to the proper MIME handler, if
it can open from URIs, and fall back to the specified http, or whatever
handler if it can't.

-- dobey