Re: cdda://, ftp://, news:// URIs and the default handler
- From: Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>
- To: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec suse cz>
- Cc: gnome-vfs-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Subject: Re: cdda://, ftp://, news:// URIs and the default handler
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:49:19 -0400
Perhaps it is time to get a cross-desktop url-handler implementation
specified on freedesktop.org and implemented so we can use that instead.
We would want Konqueror, Firefox, Gaim, and whatever else to all open
the same handler for a given URI, for example. Though, personally I
would prefer that it passed off the url to the proper MIME handler, if
it can open from URIs, and fall back to the specified http, or whatever
handler if it can't.
On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 12:19 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > We don't install a default handler for "cdda" URIs (in
> > gconf's /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/cdda/*). That's not fine, and it's
> > the cause of this bug.
> I got few bugs for SuSE Linux - clicking to news:// in firefox, ftp://
> in evolution.
> All these bugs were simply fixed by adding proper
> desktop/gnome/url-handlers keys. IMHO we should enhance list of URIs
> known by core GNOME (and change control-center to allow to set them).
> I can open a bugzilla item about it. I have created a script, which
> updates all translations, too.
] [Thread Prev