Re: Moving to *Avahi* over howl

On Fri, 16.09.05 14:45, Nate Nielsen (nielsen-list memberwebs com) wrote:

> > If an abstraction is required, is Avahi's dbus interface a suitable
> > abstraction?
>
> Yes I've been thinking about that. Put another way, is it totally out of
> the question to have Avahi call over to the Apple mDNSResponder when
> running on MacOSX?

Yes, it is totally out of the question.

As I wrote in another mail, Avahi is in no way a least common
denominator for DNS-SD APIs. It's quite the contrary: one of the most
powerful DNS-SD APIs available on the planet. And it's still getting
better.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/