Re: GNOME Power Manager (and 2.14?)

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 11:30:37PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:

> Well probably not. The codebase is pretty stable now (bugfixes are
> coming in thick and fast..), but there was talk of merging
> gnome-volume-manager and gnome-power-manager into a
> "gnome-hardware-manager" type session daemon.

I don't think this should be seen as a blocker to including
gnome-power-manager right now. Linux laptop support is starting to get
reasonable again, and applications like NetworkManager should integrate
into that. gnome-power-manager is vital to make this sort of thing
practical.

My only concern is whether there's adequate HAL support for other
platforms for gnome-power-manager to work properly there. It would be
unfortunate for things like DPMS settings to end up Linux-only.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org