Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 22:55 +0200, Michele Cella wrote:

> Any plans for a gnome-launch-box like interface?
>
> I love how gnome-launch-box works (more then an applet for this type of
> things), but it lacks many of the functionality deskbar backend has got...

When I was designing Auric (which is basically what deskbar is, but in
Python and without eplugin) I had always imagined a global keyshortcut
that would simply focus the input entry box.

If the run dialog too were be replaced, the keystroke could either focus
the applet or run the dialog, based on whether or not the applet was
present.

The correct way to do this would be to have both the applet and the run
dialog launched out of the same Bonobo factory with slightly different
OAFIID strings. When the keystroke was received, it would decide what to
do.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA