Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet

Vincent Untz wrote:

I would love to see this not only go in, but also replace
mini-commander (ie. have everyone's mini-commander get automagically
upgraded to deskbar, unless they choose to specifically build
mini-commander).
I'd like it to replace the current run dialog as well.

Raphael: is this on your roadmap? :-)

For the moment we only have the "applet/entry" form working, but we also have a new presentation widget [1] in the work. The plan is to make that one drop down instead of the current flat list, if it fits well.

Now the widget could be reused as an alt-f2 dialog replacement easily, i guess just stick it in a standalone window, and you're set...

Raf.
[1] http://www.daimi.au.dk/~kamstrup/cuemiac-live.png