Re: do we really need xrdb?

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 11:54 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 17:32 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
>
> > Using a smaller CPP and delaying xrdb's execution until everything else
> > is started is the right solution here.
>
> You need to run xrdb before gnome-session (re)starts any Motif apps, for
> example.

I've just sent a patch
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomecc-list/2005-October/msg00024.html)
for using -nocpp where possible.

I was also trying to run the other xrdb command (which reads
~/.Xresources and all other appropriate files) in a 10/15 seconds
timeout, but since you say we need to run it before any motif app is
started (which can be started as part of the session, so we need to run
xrdb ASAP).

Anyway, gdm already runs xrdb with the user's .Xresources and other
system-wide files, from what I have seen. So, maybe we don't need that
other xrdb command?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>