Re: Moving Applets (was: Fish in GNOME Panel)

Hey,

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 22:23 +0200, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> The applet's code base might be small, but badly suffers of bit-rotting;
> and some applets are outside the gnome-applets "mantle", e.g. the
> dicionary applet - which is under gnome-utils.
>
> I'm giving gdict-applet some love - namely, I'm cleaning up the mess
> that has accumulated during the years, and trying to separate the
> widgetry from the dictionary handling; but I do suspect that the code
> base of some of the oldest applets really needs more than some love
> (even though it could be a start).

Yeah, but at least we should try and acknowledge that fact - there's a
whole heap of *really* intelligent people out there who are using our
desktop, wondering if some day they might contribute something back.
It's one of the things we really suck at - getting new people keen
enough to get on board.

Share the love! :)

Glynn