Re: Moving Applets (was: Fish in GNOME Panel)

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 19:08 +0100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Davyd Madeley">
>
> > clock		panel	applets		remove e-d-s dep in panel
>
> This would stop us from linking the clock in with the panel,

	No, it wouldn't have any effect on our ability to make it an shlib
applet.

	(Not that I think its a good idea to move it to gnome-applets)

> which would be
> a good idea in this day and age (it was eons ago that we stopped doing that
> for silly "but what if it crashes" reasons).

	I still think its a good idea in most cases not to have applets
in-process in the panel. It probably makes sense to aggregate more
applets like we did with wncklet, though.

Mark.