Re: bug buddy configuration

Hey,

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 14:44 +0200, Fernando Herrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> right now you can globally disable bug-buddy dialog setting globally
> the env variable GNOME_DISABLE_CRASH_DIALOG (you can do in the system
> profile, for example).
>
> You could hack bugzillas xml file to set up another destination
> addresses, but there is no way to skip all bug-buddy assistant pages.

FWIW, this is actually a feature that we've hacked locally in Sun too -
although with upgrading to 2.10/2.12 we still have to rewrite the patch.

Basically, having customers automatically send bug reports to the
community would be a security concern which is unacceptable, but we're
still anxious to keep on top of stability problems in the desktop by
monitoring an internal alias of bug-buddy reports.

Glynn