Re: gnome-utils patch

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 00:50 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> Maybe we want a desktop-devel-patches@ list?

Regardless of where the canonical place to store patches is (mailing
list archive or Bugzilla), I think it is valuable to make it easy for
groups of interested people to review incoming patches, even if they're
not the official maintainer of the module or are actively tracking
Bugzilla for that module.  More eyes spot problems more easily.

Probably just need a Bugzilla hack where if a patch is attached to a bug
(or an existing one is updated) it gets autosent to some mailing list.
Digging about it's kind of like this:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/patch-diligence-report.cgi

Except we want to make it push instead of pull so to speak =)

And we'd probably want to restrict it to modules in the official core so
as to not drown in the noise; also people interested in other modules
can just watch that module's bugs anyways.