Re: Proposing gobby? (Inkboard Collaborative Editing)

Chris Ball wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not the author of gobby[1], but I'd like to hear thoughts on whether
> gobby should be proposed for inclusion in Gnome 2.14.  Gobby is a
> collaborative text editor using GtkSourceView/GTK 2.6, with external
> dependencies of libgmp, gtkmm and libxml++.  There are two libraries
> that are maintained by the gobby authors used: libobby and libnet6.
>
> Collaborative editing is an application many people don't seem to have
> realised is possible with their computers; I think having it available
> such that two GNOME users can easily start a collaborative session
> together would be massively beneficial.

I am just now updating inkscape and looking at it, it has a completely
different implementation of Inkboard Collaborative Editing: Using
Loudmouth library it uses Jabber IM protocol to provide this feature.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/