Denoting Remote Machines (Re: Custom Icons for GNOME Terminal Profiles)

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 04:58:14AM +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:
> Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > Does anyone actually use this feature? So far, it seems like most people
> > don't even know it exists.
>
> I and other developers I know use it a lot. It's very handy to
> differentiate between 'root terminals' and 'user terminals'. In addition
> we use it to denote terminals on remote machines etc...

Unrelated, but this has reminded me of a feature I saw recently in
KWin.

Remote X clients running on your X server are marked with an
@hostname in the title.

A feature like this might be interesting in Metacity. Same as
Nautilus says "documents on floyd" it would be cool if Metacity
could say "MGiva on charlie17". This would be particularly useful
when you're running the same application on multiple cluster heads.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA