Re: Python bindings

On 11/15/05, Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org> wrote:
> Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > I've been convinced that proposing Sabayon for inclusion is the right
> > thing to do. I'm also fully behind splitting it into an admin suite if
> > it gets accepted.
> >
> > So, I hereby propose Sabayon for inclusion into the Gnome 2.14 Desktop.
> > Information about sabayon is available at:
> > http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/
> > and an example screencast at:
> > http://blogs.gnome.org/view/alexl/2005/11/07/0
>
> Since sabayon required pygtk, gnome-python (gconf) and pyorbit (for the
> applet) do they need to be proposed for inclusion separately?

Modules in the desktop are allowed to depend on the python bindings in
the bindings release set, as was agreed upon previously.  pyorbit is
not currently in that set.  If pyoribt isn't proposed, that may be a
reason to reject the inclusion of sabayon (unless, of course, it can
be made a soft dependency).  So this is yet another reason[1] someone
needs to make sure pyorbit is proposed.

Cheers,
Elijah

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2005-November/msg00058.html