Re: gnome-desktop vs. libgnomeui
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gnome-desktop vs. libgnomeui
- Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:48:06 +0100
On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 17:09 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Federico,
> On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 10:59 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > The README in gnome-desktop says that the functions there are not in
> > libgnome and libgnomeui because they haven't got enough testing yet.
> > Given that we've lived with gnome-desktop since 2002, we should move it
> > into libgnome and libgnomeui as appropriate pretty soon. Or am I
> > overlooking something?
> Of course, an alternative is just to use the GKeyFile API to parse
> the .desktop file ... I doubt you'd end up duplicating a whole lot of
> GnomeDesktopItem logic if you did that ...
I had some problems with using GKeyFile, as it wasn't very flexible for
my use . But I guess a specialised API on top of GKeyFile should make
it a good replacement for the gnome-desktop .desktop handling.
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
] [Thread Prev