Re: gnome-desktop vs. libgnomeui

Hi Federico,

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 10:59 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> The README in gnome-desktop says that the functions there are not in
> libgnome and libgnomeui because they haven't got enough testing yet.
> Given that we've lived with gnome-desktop since 2002, we should move it
> into libgnome and libgnomeui as appropriate pretty soon.  Or am I
> overlooking something?

	I guess at this point libgnome-desktop and libgnome/libgnomeui are
pretty much in the same boat - we want to figure out a way to get rid of
them ...

	So, I've no problem with moving GnomeDesktopItem to libgnomeui, but it
would add another item to the list of things we need to figure out how
to replace before deprecating libgnomeui.

	Of course, an alternative is just to use the GKeyFile API to parse
the .desktop file ... I doubt you'd end up duplicating a whole lot of
GnomeDesktopItem logic if you did that ...

Cheers,
Mark.