Re: roadmap status update/update request

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:21:30 -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru
<eloli hotmail com> wrote:

> Lastly, I realize that Gnome is not a democracy. It is still governed by its
> developers and I am perfectly ok with that. But that's not a reason to shut
> off the users out of the procedure and only "use" them for bug reports. It
> royally sucks to be a Gnome user these days.

Doing votes often appear as "developers must do users bidding".  You
took the response here that we avoid votes for that reason as
"developers will not listen to any requests, whatsoever" (which is
totally false; I have tried to implement several bugzilla requests
that weren't interesting to me personally).

Perhaps the useful thing to do here would be to figure out a better
way to portray the middle ground we are trying to take instead of
flaming about which polar opposite we should be closer to.

My $0.02.

Elijah