RE: ABSOLUTE THEMES INSANITY ON THE *CURRENT* DEFAULT THEME!

http://oracle.bridgewayconsulting.com.au/~davyd/misc/gtk-theme-nuts.png
This seems completely "b0rked" to me.

I just installed the latest version of gnome-themes and tried the "broken" Simple. I like what I see there better than the normal version that will be reverted back to. Granted, the button color is a tiny bit darker than it should have been to, but overall, these changes could have stayed in without a major problem from usability point of view (having slightly different colors on widgets helps the eye to distinguish them better). Maybe that's why nobody reported any bugs for it, cause it wasn't as 'b0rked' as you think it was. It just surprised you. :)

Eugenia