Re: Default Theme Progress

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 12:39 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 02:45, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
>
>> The menu has to stand out because otherwise feels like a bunch
>> of characters in a row (like a status bar), rather than something clickable
>> and usable.
>
>However, it's a fairly well-established convention that inset things
>with a background colour the same or similar to the rest of the window
>aren't clickable, they're usually just for informational purposes.  So
>we would have to consider whether the visual nicety outweighs the
>affordance.

It is not really inset (anymore) actually. It just has a soft border and
a slightly darker background (which is roughly similar to the background
gradient we use on buttons). Otherwise, the separator to the toolbar
below is the same as every other separator. Personally, I find this a
lot more inviting to click on it because it stands out, but I might be
biased. :)

--
Daniel Borgmann <daniel borgmann gmail com>