Re: new gnome-common release?

Hey Christian,

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 16:52 +0200, Christian Persch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the latest gnome-common release is 2.8.0, but cvs contains some
> important fixes. gnome-common/MAINTAINERS lists "Malcolm Tredinnick
> <malcolm commsecure com au>" as the maintainer, but he hasn't made a
> commit to it in more than a year. Is he still the maintainer, or if not,
> who is authorised to make a new release?

I think most people agree that gnome-common isn't something that should
be packaged (at least that's true for Fedora/Red Hat distros), as gnome-
common is a development tool, to build from CVS. I think it should be
removed altogether from the FTP site, so as not to create confusion.

If somebody is going to compile a program from CVS, they might as well
check out gnome-common at the same time.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>