Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)

On Thu, June 9, 2005 9:55, Mark McLoughlin said:
> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 11:30 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> My feeling is that we should probably drop gobject introspection, gail
>> and libglade integration from the 2.8 feature list at this point, and
>> aim for a feature-complete 2.7.0 release sometime next week.
>
> 	That sounds all very reasonable and realistic ... most people's
> concerns seemed to be about the risk of the schedule slipping, but that
> doesn't seem to be such a worry if you're talking about aggressively
> dropping planned features in order to meet the schedule ...

Well, there have been some concerns about stability, but if we move now
and depend on GTK+ 2.7, I think we'll be able to catch most, if not all
regressions.

What about the performances of GTK+ 2.7? Can the cairo change have a
performance impact?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.