Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)

Frederic Crozat wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I only discovered this morning by looking at James commit for jhbuild
>that GNOME 2.11/2.12 is supposed to ship with GTK+ 2.8 (and therefore
>Cairo) which might not have been obvious for anybody reading
>http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap (since there is only a reference to cairo
>used to replace libgnomecanvas/libart). And I'm not sure all GNOME
>hackers have realized we are supposed to switch to GTK+ 2.8/Cairo.

For the record, the page I was looking at was:

http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning_2fTwoPointEleven_2fDeveloperPlatform

If there is consensus to use GTK 2.6 for Gnome 2.12, then both jhbuild
and that wiki page should be updated to reflect this.

James.