Re: [BUG?] Issues in recent doc switch for gnome-panel

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:17 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> I'm porting Italian user's guide in gnome-panel package to recently
> switched gnome-doc-utils. There are 3 issues:
>      1. Figures are not installed. See the console log[1] for clock. In
>         Makefile there are those entries[2], but no DOC_FIGURES is
>         declared. So I suppose it depends on some missing,
>         but I did't explore it deeply.


> [1] 
> /bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/C
> /bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/it
> /bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/sr
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 C/legal.xml /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/C/legal.xml
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 C/clock.xml /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/C/clock.xml
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 it/clock.xml /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/it/clock.xml
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 sr/clock.xml /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/sr/clock.xml
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 it/legal.xml /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/it/legal.xml
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 sr/legal.xml /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/clock/sr/legal.xml
> /bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /opt/gnome/share/omf/clock
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 clock-C.omf /opt/gnome/share/omf/clock/clock-C.omf
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 clock-it.omf /opt/gnome/share/omf/clock/clock-it.omf
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 clock-sr.omf /opt/gnome/share/omf/clock/clock-sr.omf
> scrollkeeper-update -p /var/lib/scrollkeeper -o /opt/gnome/share/omf/clock

This log isn't at all like the one in bug #311007.  This doesn't even
like gnome-doc-utils knows about the figures.  Whereas in #311007, it
install isn't being called correctly or something.  And...

> [2]
> _DOC_C_FIGURES = $(if $(DOC_FIGURES),                                   \
>         $(foreach fig,$(DOC_FIGURES),C/$(fig)),                         \
>         $(patsubst $(srcdir)/%,%,$(wildcard $(srcdir)/C/figures/*.png)))
> _DOC_LC_FIGURES = $(foreach lc,$(DOC_LINGUAS),                                  \
>         $(if $(DOC_FIGURES),                                                    \
>         $(foreach fig,$(DOC_FIGURES),$(lc)/$(fig)),                             \
>         $(patsubst $(srcdir)/%,%,$(wildcard $(srcdir)/$(lc)/figures/*.png)) ))

Right, so if DOC_FIGURES isn't given explicitly, it should default to
whatever png files are in C/figures.  I did just commit a change to
how _DOC_LC_FIGURES and _DOC_SRC_FIGURES were determined, but I don't
see that it would affect this problem.

Since I can't reproduce this or #311007, I haven't a clue what's
really going on here.  More eyeballs, please.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]