Re: make distcheck in tinderbox [was Re: make check failures- gnome-vfs, e-d-s, at-spi]

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 10:37 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 16:06 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > >
> > > Processing power. Time.
> >
> > Also...
>
> Could we just package up the results of the jhbuild in a dumb,
> completely mechanical way, such that installing the packages would be
> exactly equivalent to running jhbuild? ie, it wouldn't replace or
> conflict with your existing GNOME packages, it would just install
> everything into its own special prefix. And we could have a single
> less-dumb package that tweaked your vendor gdm configuration to add a
> "jhbuild gnome" session.

This sounds like a pretty good idea.
Of course, there will likely be few, very large packages. I dunno if
that matters much though. Even if they were finegrained you really need
to update to the whole release to get good testing.

The naming of the packages could also be such that there is no chance of
conflicting with your vendor gnome, current version or later installed.

If we managed to create debuginfo packages we could get nice stack
traces in reports from these builds too.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scarfaced crooked gangster in drag. She's a sarcastic green-skinned
bodyguard with a birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch. They fight crime!