Re: eggcups (and libgnomecups) for 2.12

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 09:04 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:

> Also, Colin, does eggcups still depend on a patched cupsd? I'm not
> sure if that should matter, but seems like it is relevant for testing,
> etc.

Thinking about this a bit on the drive in, I realized what you were
probably driving at is the impact of having eggcups running without a
patched cupsd.

What will happen with the existing code right now is the user never sees
the icon and it just takes up a small amount of memory.  I could pretty
trivially change that so it removes itself from the session and exits.
Thus GNOME users on non-patched cups systems would get a negligible
check on first login and never thereafter.

Does that answer the question?