Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 04:36:32 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Sure, and that's why basically everything but gnome-about is going to be
> doubly icky in some way. If we somehow convince ourselves this is not
> appropriate in gnome-about, it's not going to be appropriate anywhere, and
> we should just give up. But that's pissweak. :-)

Implement a new feature in Nautilus that looks up newly available scripts
or wallpapers from gnome.org in the background, then measure hits?

Incidentally I think it'd be cool to turn GNOME About into a
generic-credits program so projects without any obvious UI (ie, operating
system level projects) can drop some magic files in a magic location and
get their 15 minutes of fame :)

thanks -mike