Searching preferences?! [Was: switching to g-c-c shell?]

<quote who="Bryan Clark">

> I'm pushing to see, "switching to g-c-c shell with search!" in the spirit
> of Calum's response earlier, that way we're shuffling deck chairs in order
> to build another ship.

Don't you see searching for preferences as an astounding failure on Apple's
part (and others, who have done searching for preferences before)? I started
using Windows XP on a machine recently, to make sure I was keeping track of
current developments on that platform [1], and even after a few years off
the platform, I found it very hard to find what I was looking for. So, you
make me wonder what it would have been like if I had searched for all of
these preferences... Often enough, I didn't know what I was looking for
before I started. How do you find the answer if you don't know the question?

42.

- Jeff

[1] y'know, vice city -> san andreas

--