Re: switching to g-c-c shell? [Was: Re: Control center and capplet merging]

 --- Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> escribió:

> On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 19:37 +0200, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> > Some may think that it could encourage people to add more capplets, but
> > that's already happening, in the last 2 releases we've added "Multimedia
> > systems selector", "Remote desktop" and "Removable drives and media", so
> > we should at least find a way for not punishing users because we don't
> > follow our own rules :)
>
> Right or we could just fix the problem - wait that would be INSANE ;-)

"just" feels better quoted in that piece of sarcasm, even if we do an enviable
work and reduce the number of capplets without moving them from the menu, we
will have still a growing blob of uncategorized settings (at least, I think that
the tendence to grow is quite noticeable, and even more if we mix at some point
g-c-c and g-s-t)

I really think that, while the PreferencesRevisited page in l.g.o has pretty
good ideas, we still should try to show a categorized view of all preferences,
instead of letting users try their luck in the menu (what does "Session" beside
"Sound"? Why there's a separate sublevel for accessibility? ... ;)

So, said this, IMHO fixing one problem is not an excuse to leave the other unfixed

> If we can't get rid of at least "Multimedia systems selector" we sure do
> suck.

:)

       Regards

> Havoc