Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 21:14 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > The application developer knows by
> > a) Reading the pygtk documentation, which says what versions of Python
> > work with pygtk.
> > b) Seeing what works.
>
> 	So, I'm using pygtk for the first time at the moment and I have to
> admit that this whole conversation is just a bit bewildering to me...
>
> 	You want me to put
>
>   #!/usr/bin/python2.3
>
> 	in my scripts rather than
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env python

No, I think you are meant to do
#!/usr/bin/env python2.3
though I'm not quite sure what that does.

The pygtk developers created this example to make it easier:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-python/pygnome-hello/
I think this is what it achieves.

> 	But what about the python built as part of a jhbuild bootstrap that I
> really want to use?

I think you should specify the version that you really want to use.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com