Re: Proposed Modules, My Take
- From: Amaury Jacquot <sxpert esitcom org>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposed Modules, My Take
- Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:40:39 +0100
Havoc Pennington wrote:
So I have an alternate proposal for 2.10: just take out esound.
my take here is that there's no real point in using a sound-server
anymore, unless you use some hackish setup with remote workstation & sound.
may I remind people that esound was included so that multiple
application could use the sound device at the same time, function which
is now done directly by Alsa, with it's software mixing functionnalities.
As such, we don't need those network enabled things anymore.
> - what "play sound" API do we want apps to code to?
that should be gstreamer, right ?
] [Thread Prev