Re: Freezes and order of things

<quote who="Colin Walters">

> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 10:32 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > However, I think most of the problem with the polypaudio question was
> > decision making gridlock. A few people loudly opposed it, while in
> > general it is a better replacement for something we already ship.
> > Because of the gridlock, no one wanted to do the (perhaps controversial)
> > work to make it happen.
>
> I wouldn't say that - we had agreement on the goal of removing Esound and
> replacing it with GStreamer, right?

No, not least of which because GStreamer does not satisfy the requirements,
and is a lazy way of avoiding policy definition. :-) Also, no one has done
the work to remove esound and use GStreamer.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   You know the end is nigh when modern art is relegated to the status of
                                  "meme".