Re: Freezes and order of things

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 11:10 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > I wouldn't say that - we had agreement on the goal of removing Esound and
> > replacing it with GStreamer, right?
>
> No, not least of which because GStreamer does not satisfy the requirements,
> and is a lazy way of avoiding policy definition. :-) Also, no one has done
> the work to remove esound and use GStreamer.

That person was Iain from memory, who apparently has not been seen
recently. AFAIK, libgnome is the last piece of the GNOME Multimedia
experience not to use Gstreamer, and if code suddenly appeared, I would
say that we should merge it, regardless of freezes, and maybe for once
and for all make our multimedia suck-less.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley              http://www.davyd.id.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://www.davyd.id.au/pgp/>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA