Re: A cheap performance optimization

Hey,

> I guess it'll be much better if such applications would export functions
> used by glade explicitly (e.g. by using --version-script) instead of
> relying on gmodule to export _all_ symbols.
>
> So the --export-dynamic parameter should be dropped from gmodules .pc
> file.

Besides glade, the point of using GModule is to create plugins, and
plugins will typically want to get their hands on the address of some
routine in the caller application.

Using --version-script has the advantage that you have to maintain an
official list of entry points you are willing to maintain for plugin
developers.

Miguel.