Re: gok broken with new libwnck

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:12:30 +0100, Fernando Herrera
<fernando herrera tecsidel es> wrote:

> Elijah: would this timestamp be ok here?

Actually, I don't know (I haven't looked close enough at the code).
In general, "current" time is dead wrong.  See bug 166379, and how
gtk_get_current_event_time() caused problems for at least gedit,
galeon, and epiphany (and likely many others we're unware of).  I did
use gtk_get_current_event_time() in a number of places in libwnck and
also in gnome-panel (the only other gnome module that uses libwnck),
but in each and every case I documented why it was okay to use it.
What is needed is the timestamp of the user interaction that caused
the wnck call--if there is no user interaction that caused it, a
timestamp of 0 should be used.

> PS: I know that #error "libwnck should only be used if you understand
> that it's subject to frequent change, and is not supported as a fixed
> API/ABI or as part of the platform" but these internal API changes 6
> days before hard code freeze are painful! :)

So are inherent bugs caused by incorrect code.  ;-)

Elijah