Re: Exciting GNOME?

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 18:06 -0200, Everaldo Canuto wrote:
>ClearLooks is really nice but now we need a more atractive icon set.

Are they icons really that bad?  Is it just the folders that most people
find boring?  Most the icons seem pretty nice to me.

The biggest problem I see with the icons has nothing to do with them
being too boring, but with some being just plain out poorly designed.
Take the Eye of Gnome icon, for example.  What the hell is that thing?
An eye in a gnome hat?

I'd much rather see some more work go into updating some of the old
icons to the new clean, usable style that newer icons all have, then is
seeing all the existing great icons tossed out just to come up with some
colorful but useless set of icons.