Re: Exciting GNOME?

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 00:20 -0500, Dave Ahlswede wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 20:10 -0800, Rob Adams wrote:
> > I think that the gnome icons are absolutely gorgeous.
>
> I agree-- I much prefer the soft, toned down colors to the bright
> rainbow that (for example) the Crystal SVG icons offer.
>
> I certainly support a new default widget theme (the popular candidates
> look nice to me, no favoritism there), but please, please please don't
> mess with the icon theme!

In terms of screen-shot appeal and first impressions, the icons are one
of the things that look drab. However the current set are very nice to
work with (I've been doing a review of the old theme-argument threads
and this opinion is almost universal).

I think this is one area where we are going to find it difficult to
strike a balance between easy to use and first impressions. None of the
current icon themes that we ship strike this balance in my opinion.

 - Callum