Re: Wanted: New maintainer for gnome-user-share

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 15:02 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 09:58 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > I wrote gnome-user-share because I had this idea of a really cool way to
> > share files, that would be easy to use and easy to implement. I've spent
> > some time on it to prove that the concept works and its now working well
> > enough that I use it myself.
> >
> > However, given the results from the module inclusion discussion it
> > doesn't seem like Gnome is interested in gnome-user-share as it stands
> > now. And I'm not interested in working on some of the other proposals
> > that were discussed. Not that they are necessarily wrong or bad, I'm
> > just not interested.
> >
> > So, I've decided to drop maintainership of gnome-user-share and focus on
> > other things. If anyone is interested in maintaining and working on
> > gnome-user-share, please send me a mail.
> >
> > I did a release today with the new translations, but won't be doing any
> > more after this.
>
> And we have a winner!
> Christian Kellner <gicmo xatom net> is now the proud owner of
> gnome-user-share.

By the way, I don't think that the GNOME community has rejected this. I
just think that there's lack of consensus right now.

Personally I guess I'd rather share documents by saying "come and get
it" rather than tediously selecting contacts to say "you can have it,
and you can have it, and you can have it", but I like to make other
people do the work, and I'm used to this way.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com