Re: GtkHTML 2 Development

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:51:16 -0600, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> In retrospect, keeping both rendering engines functional would have been
> a better
> choice, though it would have made a lot of the 2.10 improvements a lot
> harder to
> do.  But it's too late in the game now for me to get all the new stuff
> working
> with gtkhtml2, so we're stuck with it.
> The only question is whether the current development branch of Yelp is
> to go into Gnome 2.10 or not.

Personally, I'm all for the new Yelp going into 2.10, despite a11y
regressions (yeah, it sucks, but so does throwing away all the work on
Yelp).  The only real question I have is (random idea that may be a
horrible idea or totally unfeasible, but I'm throwing it out anyway): 
Would it be possible to parallel install yelp-2.6 and yelp-2.10? 
Would writing a simple yelp wrapper that checks for a certain
accessibility gconf key before deciding which of the two versions to
launch be sane?


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]