Re: configure scripts and packaging (gconf, scrollkeeper, etc)

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
Same as for update-mime-database and update-desktop-database: I have to
define the variable to /bin/true to skip generation on packages that do
generate these databases. I have only seen one or two packages that
allow to disable the database stuff.

	Yeah, seems like no-one has addressed this issue either yet. In Fedora
we're doing the same trick as with scrollkeeper.

I've added --disable-mime-update and --disable-desktop-update configure parameters to Drivel to prevent regenerating these databases during package creation, then running update-[mime,desktop]-database in the post-install script. If anyone is interested, the relevant code is in the, data/, and data/mime/ files in the "drivel" GNOME CVS module.