Re: configure scripts and packaging (gconf, scrollkeeper, etc)
- From: Todd Kulesza <todd dropline net>
- To: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- Cc: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: configure scripts and packaging (gconf, scrollkeeper, etc)
- Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:25:21 -0500
Mark McLoughlin wrote:
Same as for update-mime-database and update-desktop-database: I have to
define the variable to /bin/true to skip generation on packages that do
generate these databases. I have only seen one or two packages that
allow to disable the database stuff.
Yeah, seems like no-one has addressed this issue either yet. In Fedora
we're doing the same trick as with scrollkeeper.
I've added --disable-mime-update and --disable-desktop-update configure
parameters to Drivel to prevent regenerating these databases during
package creation, then running update-[mime,desktop]-database in the
post-install script. If anyone is interested, the relevant code is in
the configure.ac, data/Makefile.am, and data/mime/Makefile.am files in
the "drivel" GNOME CVS module.
] [Thread Prev