Proposing libnotify and notification-daemon for GNOME 2.14

Hi,
I'm not involved in any way in libnotify or notification-daemon
development, but I would like to see them added to next GNOME release.

Libnotify and notification-daemon provide a convenient way to notify the
user about events using D-BUS (i.e. a new mail arrived, maybe only if
'important' flag is set, a friend connected to IM system...).

Libnotify and notification-daemon are part of Galago Project by
Christian Hammond and can be found here:

http://www.galago-project.org/

Ciao,

Luca