gtkspell (was Re: Announcing: Project Ridley)
- From: Mike Hearn <mike plan99 net>
- To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: gtkspell (was Re: Announcing: Project Ridley)
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:57:14 +0100
Yes, it's yet another "me too" post, this time for gtkspell.
Spelling checker support is widely used in many apps, and from my POV is a
huge pain because gtkspell is a very common failed dependency for
autopackages. We provide tools to make weak linking against this library
simple but a few projects for whatever mysterious reasons they have refuse
to use them.
Being able to guarantee the presence of GtkSpell by depending on GTK+
would be wonderful.
Last time I asked about this, Owen indicated he didn't think it belonged
in GTK+ but maybe this Project Ridely means a change in policy?
] [Thread Prev