Re: Announcing: Project Ridley

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 12:14:58PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 13:22 +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> > That said, there are some chuncks of functionality currently in
> > gtksourceview that I would love to see moved in GtkTextView:
> >
> >  * Undo/Redo support
> >  * Caseless searching
> >  * printing
>
> These make sense I think.
>
> Also basic support for "styled editing," i.e. right now to implement a
> Bold button that behaves like the one in a word processor is fairly
> involved with GtkTextView. So some kind of API for that might be cool.

Along those lines it would be nice to get a std set of
widgets/GtkActions for things like
    - A combo/menu to select a font name.
    - A combo/menu to select underline or strikethrough style
    - A combo for vertical/horizontal alignments (extensible to
      allow app specific alignments)
    - A rotation / vertical text selector
    - A colour combo
All of these exist in libgoffice/gtk in various levels of
featureness & quality.

The idea being that almost every app ends up with some sort of basic
word processing features for text entry.  It would be nice to make
the ui consistent across Gtk/Gnome.