Re: Announcing: Project Ridley

Le dimanche 21 ao�05 �2:44 +0200, Jeroen Zwartepoorte a �it :
> GtkSourceView is perfectly fine where it is. At the moment it has
> dependencies on libxml2, gtk+ and libgnomeprint. The latter should
> disappear into gtk+ with Ridley.
>
> GtkSourceView is a very specific, well maintained widget that's
> perfectly fine living outside of gtk+. A developer can use the library
> without needing any extra dependencies (assuming he's already using
> gtk+ & libxml2).
>
> Jeroen (GtkSourceView developer)

OK, I'm maybe abusing the thread a little here, but the main reason why
I would love to see gtksourceview get into GTK+ is that it would make it
easier for win32 pyGTK developers to get it through such packages as the
ones found on http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net
This way, you wouldn't need to fight with mingw32, cygwin or what not,
just to port your pyGTK Linux app to Windows.

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>