Re: Using python + pygtk in Desktop modules

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:23:03 -0400, Sean Middleditch
<elanthis awesomeplay com> wrote:

<snip>

> I really would feel a lot better with Python only in the Bindings
> Release, far out of the Development Release, and with only very strict
> guidelines for apps in the Desktop Release.

Phew!  I was all happy that we looked like we were getting consensus
on allowing another language, and then was getting worried with what
you were saying.  But what you suggest here is what I thought what was
being suggested all along (was I wrong?).  Anyway, this sounds great
to me.

> For a third-party application, this is a pain.  This is why Python has
> to be kept out of the Developer Release; it just doesn't meet the
> guidelines we have for forward and backward compatibility.
>
> For apps included in the GNOME Desktop Release, this is workable.

As above, this sounds fair to me.  Shall we try to get consensus on this?

Elijah