Re: Revisiting the Gnome Bindings

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 16:17 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Oh and Delphi was the first to have a fully introspected component
> system which SUN licensed from Borland to create Java beans and the
> creator of Delphi now works for Microsoft and has created .Net for
> them - C# is basically Delphi with C syntax and garbage collection and
> the D language is yet another rehash of Delphi with C syntax.

I believe it's not the language, probably it's the platform you're in
love with. Same for the GNOME Platform. The more you get used to it, the
better you like it. No matter where and how you define methods and
properties, the funny thing is, you have basic elements to build more
complex program structures, so you bring them together for one purpose:
an application.

It's important to realize that VCL/CLX took nearly a decade to develop.
As we all know, the so-called .NET framework is the successor of effort.

Mono is another way to go. We have already a bunch of Mono apps which go
just well with GNOME: Muine and F-Spot to name a few.

Sunny days to come,

Cheers,
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/